As a kid, I loved the thrill of ticking away the days until the holiday. The time-honored tradition is ripe for reinvention — and Etsy vendors are getting in the Christmas spirit this year with advent calendars that go a step beyond traditional. Here are a few of our favorites.
1. This advent calendar uses clothespins for a little twist on traditional. ($11.30)
2. We would use these wooden spools as a pretty decoration any time of year. ($47)
3. It’s easy to add or remove the metal tins from this calendar, thanks to handy magnets. ($50)
4. Hide sweet little treats in these linen bags tied with a white satin ribbon. ($38)
5. Print this adorable owl and have kids add his colorful feathers each day. ($3)
6. These felt fortune cookies are stuffed with gifts instead of fortunes. Sew them up yourself, then string them together. ($10)
7. Bring a hint of classic Christmas decor into your home with a vintage garland advent calendar. ($4)
8. Recycled sheet music becomes a collection of countdown envelopes when strung together as a garland. ($25)
How will you mark the days until Christmas this year?